The Transformation Game
The Transformation Game has been played by thousands of people around the globe, but had it’s origins in tiny Findhorn Scotland in 1978. Among the first, if not THE first intentional community in the world, Findhorn came to fame when word got round about a 40-pound cabbage they had grown. Learn more about the Findhorn community here. And if you want to be really wowed watch this video with Findhorn Foundation founders Emily and Peter Caddy and Dorothy Maclean about the beginning of this unique and magical place.
The Game was created first by Joy Drake and later refined with the help of Kathy Tyler. Their first game was played in Findhorn in 1978. Today, Joy and Kathy continue their work in Findhorn, around the world and through InnerLinks, their website. Over the years they have trained and Accredited dozens of Advanced Game Facilitators, including me, who attended their very rigorous training program in 2016. Thankfully, I graduated having demonstrated my proficiency with the Game, though not all did.
By now, I’m sure you’re anxious to know – what is the Transformation Game?
It is a board game, but so much more. Some say that it’s like a conscious version of Monopoly, though it has nothing to do with money or real estate!
I believe the Transformation Game to be one of the best tools for self-discovery that I have experienced.
Setting an Intention
One of the central aspects of the Game is the INTENTION that you set prior to beginning play. The idea is to set an intention to guide the Game and its moves giving you relevant and powerful insights as you move from the Physical Level to the Emotional, Mental, then finally the Spiritual Level.
Game play begins in the center of the board in the Source, where all players await their birth and arrival onto their path. The circle in the middle of the image above is the Source. Upon birth you move your token to the top position on your personal Life Path.
Playing the Game
Once born, you journey around your Life Path on the Game Board, encountering squares designed to offer you insights, opportunities for service, awareness of potential setbacks, and more. The amazing thing about the Game is that every square where you land will offer information that is directly related to your intention. That’s why we spend a good amount of energy setting an intention because it truly does become filter through which all of that information is processed. When you play with an Accredited Advanced Facilitator, they are trained to help you interpret and explore the deepest meaning of each move.
As you accomplish certain milestones, you will move up Level by Level until you reach the Spiritual Level. Each Level offers a unique set of Awarenesses to help you understand how your INTENTION is impacted by what happens on that Level. Individual play is complete when all of the Game Milestones have been achieved.
Once the Game is complete, there’s a process to more deeply understand your game, and how you can carry what you’ve learned back into your daily life.
Follow up Coaching Sessions are offered for 1:1 processing of your results. And periodic gatherings are hosted for players to get to know each other and to further explore how to live the insights you’ve gained.
Learn More about The Transformation Game
- To register or to check the schedule of upcoming dates for the Transformation Game, click here.
- To register for an upcoming Free Demonstration of the game, click here.
- View my video about how I got involved with the Transformation Game and find other videos about the Game.
- To view a video by creator Joy Drake about the Transformation Game talking about the history and background of the Game.
- To view a video by Mary Inglis, long-time guide of the Transformation Game on How to Play the Transformation Game.
- Watch as Joy Drake facilitates a game in Torino Italy in 2018.
- To learn about the Global Transformation Game, watch this video with Judy McAllister, another long-time guide of the Game, and one of my amazing teachers.
- To view a video by Mary Inglis, long-time guide of the Transformation Game as she shares about the Global Transformation Game. You may also want to read Mary’s article from 1986 while the game was still in development.
See what players say about their Transformation Game experience here.